Money-Saving Tips for the Motorist
We all know how costly car ownership is these days and if you’re looking to save a few quid on your motoring, here are a few ways that you can do exactly that.
- Used tyres – Why not cash in on the new trend for wide wheels? Many car owners change their wheels and tyres for wider rims and that means there are a lot of perfectly good tyres waiting for new owners. Most tyre shops have a range of second-hand shoes and some are nearly new!
- DIY service – If you have the tools and the know-how, you can do what needs to be done and book the car into the MOT garage in Cranleigh and it will pass with flying colours!
- Online insurers – Regardless of who your insurer is, you will find a better deal online; Google is your best friend and can quickly find an auto insurance broker that can beat your lowest quote.
- Used car parts – Next time you need to replace a component, check out your local car breakers yard, where they strip scrap vehicles and recondition the parts and resell them for a low price. Some even offer a limited warranty, which gives you peace of mind.
- Change your driving habit – If you love nothing more than screaming down the gears to slow for the next bend, this is a gas guzzling habit, whereas using your brakes to slow the car results in lower engine revs, thus saving fuel.
Resist the temptation to red line through 1-5; sure, it’s nice to see what she can do, but you’re paying a lot for that and those horses should only be used to get you out of a tight spot.